Monday, October 20, 2008

Revit Tip: Edit Witness line

Edit witness line

One thing I hated for a long time was dimensioning in Revit.






Sure it was much easier than in AutoCAD, but every time I miss clicked, I wound up with my dimension string too short.





Then, if I wanted the dimension string to be one element, and I do (it must be the OCD), I would have to redo that long run of dimensions. This sometimes would result in my doing the same thing again and again and again.

Wait! You mean there is a way to fix that one string to include more dimensions! Why didn’t anyone tell me about it?

Don’t worry, I will share. It’s that Edit Witness Lines thing again.



Just click and add more dimension string to the end of your existing line.







Click as many times and to as many things as you want. It will all be tied to the same dimension element.

No comments: