Saturday, October 25, 2008

Revit Tip: Poche walls

Poché walls

I was working on schematic plans recently, and ran into a design dilemma. We wanted to show the existing columns and walls as solid black entities.

Revit will allow you to do this when you have demolition plans.



I want to do this, but I am not phasing the project yet. Instead, I can create a new wall type for the poché by duplicating the one I want.




I will edit the structure of the wall.




Open the material of the main structure of the wall.



Duplicate again, this time it’s the material. This way any other walls or objects that use this material don’t get affected by our little change.




Now I get to make it work. We are just going to change the cut pattern to Solid Fill and make sure the color is Black.




There you have it. I also did this with my columns to help them read a bit heavier in the schematic portion of the project.

No comments: